Robert Mugabe's finance minister has been admitted to a hospital after beatings he received in military custody, his lawyer has told Reuters news agency.
Ignatius Chombo was detained when the military took over Zimbabwe last week in events that eventually led to Mugabe resigning as president.
His lawyer Lovemore Madhuku, says he has injuries to his hands, legs and back and was blindfolded throughout his week in custody. The politician had been accused of corruption and abuse of power relating to his time as local government minister more than a decade ago, he said.
Monday, December 18, 2017
- Australia sees first gay marriage after new law passed [photos]
- Three Dead, 77,000 Flee As Storm Ravages Philippines
- 2019: God has not revealed anything about Atiku – Fr. Mbaka
- How To Stop Your Mouth From Smelling When You Don’t Have A Toothbrush Handy
- Rapture in Lagos as 500 HR Professionals disappear!
- ‘How I lured, raped, killed female corper’
- Russia 2018: Messi blasts Super Eagles
- Nigerian Cries Out Over N125,000 Christmas List Given To Him by His Girlfriend.
- ‘$9.2billion off-grid electrification opportunity lies in Nigeria’
- Libya Slave Trade, a Heinous Modern Day Slave Auction